Disc: Disc is Ground and lapped to mirror finish. Differential hardness difference of 50 BHN is maintained between disc and seat.
Stem: Rotating stem with precision ACME threads are machined and burnished to mirror finish to 0.8 microns for low torque. Stem has long engagement with stem nut for accurate sealing.
Disc Nut: Disc nut secures stem to the disc. It permits the disc to rotate about the stem axis and aid in tight sealing for trouble free service compensating for disc wear.
Thrust Washer: Hard Thrust washer prevents galling.
Stem Nut: Precision machined stem nut engage the stem for accurate control of Disc position.
Gland: Two piece gland for ease of alignment and exerts even pressure on the packing without binding the stem.
Body Stud Nut
Packing: Die Molded Grafoil rings with top and bottom braided rings provides ultimate sealing for wide range of service. Assures long packing life and avoids pitting on stem.
Back Seat bush: Precision Machined bush helps for replacement of packing at open position.
Gasket: Spiral wound metallic gasket with Grafoil enclosed in tongue and groove arrangement.
Eye Bolt & nut: Swing type eye bolt for ease in replacement of packing.
Solid Groove pin
Hand Wheel: Hand wheel are standard up to 10". Gear operator can also be given on request.
Hand Wheel Nut
Globe Valves are adequate for all service media. Valves are marked with flow direction since they are recommended to install with flow and pressure under the disc. It can also be installed in reverse condition depending upon the conditions. The Globe Valve is generally faster to operate due to less travel. But requires much force to operate compared to Gate Valves.
A complete range of gate, globe, and check valves for all of your high pressure and high temperature applications, proven over years of service in conventional thermal and nuclear power plants as well as other HP steam services around the world. Also preferred in high pressure, high temperature hydrocarbon or petrochemical processing services.
- Design in accordance with ASME B16.34.
- Hand wheel design made of ASTM A197 or ASTM A216 grade WCB provides more efficient transfer of loads with minimum weight. Impactor hand wheel provides closing force for positive sealing against disc or back seat. Gear operator is also available for easy operation and maximum torque.
- Thrust bearings for larger sizes minimize torque requirements and facilitate operation due the smooth forces involved.
- Stem guide collar is designed with strong construction to prevent stem rotation; also is suitable for position indicator as per Customer request.
- Yoke designed with two windows for easy disassembly and access to the packing chamber or bonnet retainer when maintenance is required.
- Yoke sleeve design permit removal from the yoke whiles the valve still in service. Due the material of manufacturing ASTM A439 D2 or B148 95600 reduce coefficient of friction reducing torque operation, minimize wear and eliminate galling.
- Stem packing system of two sacrificial packings on top and bottom of the chamber made from braided graphite; remaining rings are made from flexible graphite anti extrusion rings for low fugitive emissions control. Optional live load packing system with extra deep stuffing box and bellevile washers is available upon request.
- Eye Bolt Clamp design allows easy access to the packing chamber and keeps fixed loads on the stem packing regardless of bonnet position.
- Bonnet retainer is used to help by tightening the retainer bolt/nuts to seal bonnet-bonnet gasket against body inlay.
- Pressure seal gasket made from soft carbon steel (silver platted) or stainless steel for corrosion resistance and avoids galling. The angular relationship in between pressure seal gasket and body utilize forces generated by pressure line to increase gasket sealing effect and long life service. Graphite gasket is available upon request.
- Bonnet encapsulated inside the upper side of the body is designed with precision machined sealing surfaces to fit against pressure seal gasket surface to utilize forces coming from line pressure to seal the complete set body-bonnet-gasket. Bonnet retains the packing system and incorporates also integral back seat system.
- Segmented thrust ring made from hardened steel absorb all internal forces coming from the internal pressure and hold the complete set bonnet-gasket-spacer ring.
- Spacer ring prevent deformation when pressures push the complete set bonnet-gasket against segmented thrust ring.
- Body made from carbon steel or alloy steel are manufactured with overlay made from stainless steel in a band inside the body where contact is made in between gasket and body to improve a better seal and increase life of sealing area due provided corrosion resistance.
- Body guide ribs hard faced on some sizes of globe, stop check and angle globe patterns provide body guiding for disc or piston assemblies.
- Stem with ACME thread is polished to improve low fugitive emmisions control and easy operation during opening and closing. Back seat is provided with differential angle with bonnet back seat for packing change even in service.
- Seat ring with stellite 6 overlay for better sealing service provide wear, abrasion and erosion resistance. Seat ring is welded to the body to provide tight joint.
- Body guided plug disc designed to avoid vibration, bending of the stem and/or misalignment during opening, closing or throttle service. Sealing areas of the disc with stellite 6 overlay for better operation service. Other sealing surfaces materials can be provided upon request.
- Test in accordance with API-598.